Rules and Guidelines
NEW COVID RULES & SCHEDULE
It is with great excitement that Green Mountain Adventures officially announces that the 13th Annual Otter Creek Classic April 10th - 11th, 2021.
The 2021 event will be a “virtual” event. Hosting all meetings and scoring online.
The 2020 OCC12 hosted in September last year, gives us confidence that we can return to our Opening Weekend of Trout Season dates in April of 2021 utilizing a similar, safe format. We hope this is the last time we have to host a “virtual” version of the event. We are fortunate that the outdoors and natural resources we utilize, which are the cornerstone of the event, remain open and can be freely and safely accessed.
Please note the updated schedule, fishing boundaries and the return to the original point system noted below.
The 2021 OCC13 is proud to announce that all proceeds will be donated to the White River Partnership in support of their mission to conserve and improve the White River watershed. Learn more about this amazing organization, and how you can additionally help and support their mission at: whiteriverpartnership.com/
The logistics of the event will be modified, and we will maintain compliance with the recommendations of the CDC and VT Department of Health. We believe unwaveringly that safety is paramount and will do everything to make the event safe for all participants. This will include all interactive portions of the event being held online, adhering to state regulations and complying with travel restrictions per the VTDH. Compliance with the regulations and travel restrictions are mandatory. We are working diligently to get as much info to you as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on the website and social channels for updates.
Though the in-person nature of the previous OCCs contributes profoundly to the local fly fishing community comradery, we strongly believe it’s the connection to our local fly fishing resources that remains at the event’s core. While we look forward to seeing you virtually and maybe even passing you (at safe distance) river side, we know that there will be many OCC’s in the future where we can all be together again. Good Luck and Stay Tuned!
· Fishing Boundaries will be extended from the entire Otter Creek watershed to also include the entire White River watershed. If it flows into the White River in Vermont, it is inbounds. The lower boundary is the confluence with the Connecticut River.
· Scoring will be based off of total inches, in half inch increments, rounded up. Totals from each day will make a grand total, plus additional bonus points opportunities (trash pick up, tbd) Anglers can score as many trout per day as caught.
· Registration will be online. Event entries will be a flat fee of $60 across all divisions.
· The registration gift will be a custom OCC 16oz Yeti Colster.
· All registration fees are non-refundable. Due to the size of the event, limited administrative staff and online registration, refunds will not be offered. If you register and are unable to attend, your registration will be added to the donation to our conservation program partnership. If you are unsure, if you will be able to attend, we recommend you do not register until you can confirm. The 2021 benefactor is the White River Partnership.
· We will be hosting an online raffle. Details to be released soon.
Friday, April 9th
6:00 pm Virtual Pre Event Meeting
To be hosted on Middlebury Mountaineer Facebook Live
Saturday, April 10th
Sunrise: Day 1 Fishing Begins
5:00 pm: All Day 1 Scorecards and Photos Submitted (via email or by dropping off in the store)
7:00 pm: Virtual Day 1 Update (leaderboard will be posted to our website OCC page, Instagram and Facebook)
Sunday, April 11th
Sunrise: Day 2 Fishing Begins
12:00 pm: All Day 2 Scorecards and Photos Submitted (via email or by dropping off in the store)
3:00 pm: Virtual Awards Ceremony and Raffle, to be hosted on Middlebury Mountaineer Facebook Live
Supporting Our Community
Combined with funds raised from the Fly Fishing Film Tour(FFFT) here are several projects the money raised from OCC entries has gone to over the years:
- Eagle Park UPF (Handicap Fishing Access Ramp) on New Haven River
- Muddy Branch Project, Riparian Buffer Enhancement
- Middlebury River Project
- Saunders Project, (Summer of 2013-14) Large River Improvement on Bristol Flats region of NHR
- Educational Scholarships, for those seeking the field of Conservation
- Special Guest Speakers
- Women in Waders, Free Fly Tying Clinics and Youth Days, and many other free to the public instructional programs
- River Clean Ups.
The 2012 FFFT and OCC4 was featured on VT public television's Outdoor Journal, for a look at the event here is the link: